Record a podcast or work on your next musical hit in our recording studio! Try our state-of-the-art recording equipment in our soundproof booth.
To reserve the Recording Studio, users must:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Have a valid BC library card
Reserve a two-hour time slot up to 72 hours in advance of your desired appointment time. Please use the information below to book your time, and view the calendar for upcoming workshops on using this equipment.
- Reservations will expire 10 minutes after the set appointment time and must be rebooked
- For appointment adjustments or cancellations, please contact us at the information above
- Model: Mackie 802VLZ4 Mixer
- Description: 8-channel ultra-compact mixer
- Model: Sennheiser MK 4 Condenser Microphone
- Description: Professional quality cardioid condenser microphone for home, project, and professional studios; a 1 inch true condenser capsule produces powerful, warm sound; ideal for vocals and acoustic instruments
- Model: Behringer U-Phoria UMC22
- Description: An ultra-compact 48 kHz USB audio interface with a professional-grade Midas-designed Mic Preamp, combination XLR or TRS input for your vocal or line input, and an additional quarter-inch instrument input
- Model: Sennheiser HD 300 PROtect Headphones
- Description: Combines advanced protection from peak levels with incredibly detailed sound and an exceptionally high level of wearing comfort. This makes it a reliable tool for demanding productions.
View a list of available applications (PDF, 172 KB) and related tutorials and help sites.
Tutorials & Help
- LinkedIn Learning: Discover a multitude of courses about recording equipment, podcast recording, and audio mixing and editing software for free with your library card.
- Berklee College of Music – Free Music Resources: Offers free course samplings and handbooks useful for teaching all aspects of music – production, theory, and practice.
- Applications List (PDF, 172 KB): Links directly to each app’s official help site.
- Recording Studio Workshops: Keep an eye on our calendar for special workshops with local professionals.