Quick current info
- Call 9-1-1 if you are in an emergency involving health, safety or fire.
- Report wildfire, campfire, open burning violation: 1-800-663-5555 / *5555
- BC Air Quality Index (Environment Canada) – Includes air quality data, interactive maps, and link to smoke forecasts.
- BC Wildfire Service 1-888-336-7378 (3FOREST) – Includes an interactive wildfire map, wildfires of note, information bulletins, wildfire prevention information, and fire bans and restrictions. Note that they offer a comprehensive app for both IOS and Android.
- DriveBC 1-800-550-4997 – Includes help for planning routes, information on variable speed limit signs, major events, and highway webcams. Current road conditions and events, Highway Cams, BC Highway Cams, Plan Your Route, Inland Ferry Schedule, Border Delays, Report a Highway Problem.
- Emergency Info BC – Website (and Twitter via @EmergencyInfoBC) is active during partial and full-scale provincial emergencies such as floods and wildfires (and Covid-19). Shares official response and recovery sources, and verified event information from trusted partners.
Basic Emergency Kit SuppliesPack the following in a backpack or small bin:
- Map with alternate routes to shelter
- First aid kit, prescriptions, personal items
- Emergency plan, important documents, cash
- Battery-powered radio and flashlight
- Phone charger and battery bank
- Blankets, seasonal clothing, and footwear
- Non-perishable food for at least 3 days (and for your pets)
- Water for at least 3 days at 4 litres per person/day (and for your pets)
- Household Preparedness Guide (PreparedBC)
- Prepared BC – understand the hazards you face and how to prepare for them.
- Wildfire smoke and your Health (Government of Canada) – and tips on using an air filter Wildfire Smoke 101
- WildSafeBC - evolved out of the highly successful Bear Aware program and is managed and delivered by the British Columbia Conservation Foundation. Our motto is "keeping wildlife wild and communities safe".
- How to use bearspray (2 minute ParksCanada video): Learn how to use bear spray, when and where you should store it, so you're ready in case of a bear encounter.