Audio Editing & Vinyl Conversion Station
Upload, convert, edit, and publish your audio recordings and vinyl records with state-of-the-art software!
Drop by the Library during opening hours to use if available, or contact us to reserve this station up to 72 hours in advance of your desired appointment. Please note that you must be 16 or older with a valid library card.
- Model: Audio-Technica AT-LP120XUSB
- Description: Direct-drive analogue and USB turntable
- Speeds: Plays 33-1/3 RPM, 45 RPM and 78 RPM Records
View a list of available applications (PDF, 172 KB) and related tutorials and help sites. The turntable conversion functions well with Audacity.
Tutorials & Help
- Gale Courses: Just under 350 highly interactive, instructor-led courses on numerous topics such as Adobe Apps, digital scrapbooking, podcast recording, and more that you can take entirely online! Courses run for six weeks, and new sessions begin every month. Free with your library card!
- LinkedIn Learning: Discover a multitude of courses about recording equipment, podcast editing, and audio mixing and editing software for free with your library card.
- Applications List (PDF, 172 KB): Links directly to each app’s official help site.
- Turntable Manual: Excellent reference for safety information and instructions for basic use.
- Audacity Video Tutorial: A video showing the process of using Audacity when recording tracks from a vinyl record.
OP-14 Photography, Filming & Other Recordings
Copyright Modernization Act (justice.gc.ca)