audioBooks: Downloading to a Computer
Using Libby to Download an eBook
Learn how to download ebooks and audiobooks with the app Libby by Overdrive.
Posted by Cranbrook Public Library on Monday, December 24, 2018
MP3 vs WMA
audioBooks are available in 2 different formats: MP3 and WMA.
- Compatible with most devices, including Mac and Windows computers
- Can be transferred to iPod or other compatible music players
- Can be downloaded directly to mobile devices (such as smartphones and tablets) using the OverDrive Media Console app
- Compatible with just Windows computers
- Can be transferred to an iPod or other compatible music player
Find & Download audioBooks to Your Computer
- In your browser, search for audioBooks through the Library To Go website.
- When you find a book, click on its cover and then “Borrow”.
- If you’re not already logged in, enter your library name and library card number.
- To download audioBooks to your computer, you’ll first need to download the Overdrive Media Console (you only need to download this once).
- Then, from your Overdrive bookshelf, click “Download”. If offered a choice, select “MP3 Audiobook” and then click “Confirm and Download”. Choose to open the file with Overdrive Media Console. Click “okay” or “yes” to any pop-ups that may appear.
*Please note that the eBook collection is hosted on a Third Party website with its own set of privacy policies.