Job Posting: Information Services Coordinator
Are you passionate about connecting people to whatever timely and accurate information they need? Do you want to help people develop their digital literacy skills and use technological devices and tools with confidence? Do you want to help people learn and be inspired by offering technology-related programs? Are you excited about working in an environment that values flexibility and the willingness to jump in to do what is needed to ensure library users have an exceptional experience? Then the Information Services Coordinator position may be for you.
- conduct reference interviews to answer people’s questions with timely and accurate information;
- maintain and update print and digital reference resources;
- plan, deliver and evaluate digital literacy and technology-related programs for different audiences;
- provide assistance to the public and staff on the use of computers, mobile devices, office equipment, programs, apps, social media, and the internet;
- promote the Library’s informational resources in the community;
- plan and execute an overall plan for information services that aligns with the Library’s vision.
- Library technician diploma
- Experience in providing reference services and technological assistance in a library environment
Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including comfort in public-speaking, are essential for success in this position, as is a commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
A complete job description can be found at: https://www.cranbrookpubliclibrary.ca/files/2019/06/On-Call-Circulation-Clerk-Job-Description.pdf
Hours of Work
25 hours per week, includes evening and weekend shifts
The library offers a competitive salary and a collaborative environment that encourages people to share ideas and work together to help make the library the dynamic heart of our community.
8 October 2019
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter that addresses the above requirements and a résumé to Ursula Brigl, Chief Librarian, by Thursday, 12 September 2019, by mail or in-person to:
Cranbrook Public Library
1212 2nd Street North
Cranbrook, BC V1C 4T6
Or via email in PDF format to email@example.com.
Successful candidates are required to complete a criminal record check application in accordance with the Criminal Records Review Act prior to final confirmation of the job offer.